Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Such hard work!

Despite the gray hairs, migraines and ulcers that my job gives me - it sometimes also spoils me beyond belief.

Yesterday afternoon we got taken out to lunch after a meeting here at the office by the two guys that run the event marketing firm we've been working with for three years now. They told us they had a surprise for us and they certainly did! We ended up at the Versus restaurant in the Nelligan Hotel in Old Montreal. We had drinks in the library while watching our first snowfall outside the window, and then moved on to our table. We started off with oysters on the half shell which were served in a giant martini glass filled with ice along with jumbo tiger prawns and mango chutney. Next came seared fois gras with fig jelly on french bread croutons. One bottle of wine and a martini later, we had green salads with spiced apples and then our main courses. I ordered the seared tuna steak prepared with a Togarashi rub, lemon grass and ginger infusion over mixed greens. It was perfect - I've never had better seared melt-in-your-mouth tuna in my life. Another bottle of wine later, I got up to use the washroom (s'cuz me harumf ala a7fh;tlw.kkkkzzzzz) and came back to a gorgeous cheese platter and glasses of 20 year old Port. When I thought I couldn't take anymore, out came the Cappucinos and white chocolate crème brulé. By this point, it was 4:30pm which is likely the longest lunch I've ever had. They drove us all home and we called it a night. Woozy from all that rich food and drink, I did NOTHING last night but lay on the couch and digest.

They wanted to impress us and they certainly did. Yikes, I can't imagine what that whole thing cost them! This Friday we're invited to a Christmas lunch by Starwood Hotels (they own Westins and Sheratons) so yet another day of being wined and dined by people who want your business. I need bigger pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home