Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday

I don't think I've worked a full five-day week all summer. Between vacations, mini-trips, long weekends and getting my teeth pulled, I've had more days off than on but I'm still as exhausted as if I've been working 7 days straight. I just came off a weekend up north with the girls doing NOTHING but stay in pajamas, eat and drink. The only energy we expelled was shaking the martini shaker, otherwise we were the laziest chicks around. So I should be rested right? Wrong.

There is a 52 page manuscript sitting on my desk right now that should have been in people's mailboxes three weeks ago. I'm only claiming 10% responsibility for its lateness. This was the toughest magazine to put together in 7 years and I'm still mad at it and giving it the silent treatment. What's another week right?

This weekend is the first weekend in ages where we don't have anything planned. We've had a busy August and September and have been going non stop. I'm looking forward to slapping on a pair of sunglasses and going for one of my long strolls with Simon. Maybe some housecleaning too. There is enough sand on my floors to build a medium-sized castle.

Ah Fridays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home