Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Smiling Again

I had the wisdom teeth removed last Tuesday with much success. It turns out the root of my right bottom tooth actually went through a nerve rather than around it. The surgeon was able to leave the root in so I have zero nerve damage which is great. I can't say the whole experience was better than I thought, but at least it wasn't worse. I ended up with a neck-to-toe rash from one of the medications I was taking, but thankfully it was gone by Sunday. Add yet another med that I'm allergic to on the board! I spent the rest of last week home recovering and was totally out of my mind with cabin fever by Friday. Despite the rather huge swelling which made my face look square, I ventured out in the morning to take Simon to daycare and run an errand or two on the way home. Of course, I managed to run into a couple of neighborhood people who obviously noticed my square face but were too polite to say anything. I don't know how people survive who are put on bedrest. I thought I'd love lounging around in my pj's in front of the TV in a pain killer haze - but after two days of it, I craved civilization again - I even missed work. I'm back at it today way past my print deadlines and still missing two key articles for our feature supplement. I can eat Egg McMuffins again though which is indeed something to smile about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home