Monday, December 19, 2005

God Bless Girlfriends

I ate white chocolate-covered pretzels (I hacked open one of the gift baskets I received last week from different suppliers) for breakfast. Not recommended.

Simon has another cold. I was keeping a calendar of them for a while to see if they were less frequent this year but he was doing pretty well for a while. His daycare holiday party is tomorrow and I really don't want him to miss it so I'm hoping he feels better soon.

Nearly have all my shopping done - a couple of more people to complete but I'm likely only seeing them AFTER the holidays so I'll wait on those. I already have to return some stuff - I bought Katelyn some Dora stuff she already had but I know what I'm buying her to replace it so I'm not worried. If I only had little girls to shop for, I'd be in heaven.

Earlier this month I went Toronto for my winter business meeting. On the Saturday night, I snuck away from the surgeons to spend the evening with some dear old friends I hadn't seen in ages. It was Staci's birthday so we all went out for eats and drinks and hogged her from her work friends all night. These broads made me laugh so hard, my stomach hurt for days. At one point, I had to get up and walk away because I couldn't breath anymore. So many funny memories of the old rock and roll groupie days. My how far we've come..


Apryl, Julie, Staci and Me while we still had some decorum.


Me and Bree (who is the one who convinced me, over 12 years ago, to call Richard back after our somewhat disasterous first date - so Simon owes his existance to her really).


Thus begins an all-night laugh attack


About now was when I really couldn't take it anymore.

Good times, good times. I don't think men have half as much fun with their friends as we girls do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home