Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hacky Birthday to YOU!

I’m writing my letters to contributors today who submitted material to the August/September edition of my work magazine. It’s only just gone to the mailing house yesterday. It’s so embarrassing to finally send people their complimentary copy in late OCTOBER for content they submitted to you in JULY. Some of the conference plugs we included were for meetings that took place two weeks ago and people will only hear about them in two more weeks from now. Not the sunniest moment for me in work history that’s for sure.

A word from the wise. Do NOT eat chocolate covered almonds when you’re suffering from a chest virus. The little nutty pieces just irritate the throat for hours afterwards causing even more frequent hack attacks.

I got sick last Thursday with what I’m sure is bronchitis. I had it last year around this time of year too. I don’t think I’ve been sick since then so I can’t complain too much. This year, Simon’s reaction to hearing me cough out a small puppy is more like this:
- Mommy are you sick?
- Do you need to see a doctor?
- Do you want me to check you? I’ll be right back (at which time he goes to unearth his plastic stethoscope which he places on my stomach makes a “baboombaboom” sound and then tells me I’m all better). Snookums.

It’s my Dad’s birthday today – and Dad I know I haven’t called yet but I’m waiting until I get home so we could all cough out “Happy Birthday to Pappu” together because I know he’d like to hear that. Happy birthday Dad – I still look up to you and in your little girl’s eyes you are, and always will be, my Superman. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home