Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Discovery

Ladies and gentlemen...I've discovered Quiznos.

I was quite familiar with their talking baby television ads, but thought that they were some far off untastable American chain that would never find its way into my heart. Well well well...there is one in the Eatons' Centre food court and it is heaven.

I became a subaholic when I was pregnant. I hadn't eaten red meat in well over a decade but lo and behold - during the pregnancy, I became a carnivore. I ate Subway steak and cheese subs like Tic Tacs. I thought that Simon would be been born between two pieces of Italian herbed cheese bread - that's how many subs I ate.

Postpregnancy - the cravings have waned but I still really LOVE subs which Richard just doesn't understand. To him, it's simply a sandwich that can easily be replicated at home for much cheaper. I'm sure once he tastes Quiznos, he will be a subconvert in no time.

Yesterday, I had the Steakhouse Beef Dip which is a delightful warm piece of heaven stuffed with REAL roastbeef (not cold cut quality) and a little side dipping sauce of roastbeef jus. I had to hold myself back from ordering seven more.

I plan on working my way through their entire menu by February 1.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lisa Durbin said...

D'you know what we get here? Subway. That's it. Bah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home