Thursday, September 27, 2007

Snoooorrre

There really is a reason why we are not supposed to eat lunch at 3:00 in the afternoon. Actually, there are several reasons and I've become closely acquianted with all of them this week.

The last week of the month is always our busiest - I write up an activity report at the beginning of every month where we forecast our projects and outline what we expect to accomplish. Usually by the last week, I notice that most of what I had hoped to complete is NOT even close to complete so it's a mad dash at month end to get as much done as possible. This week has been exceptionally choc-full-o-stress with huge projects demanding completion and deadlines around every corner. And when I get on a work roll, I hate stopping so it seems that the only time I've only come up for air this week has been around 3:00pm.

By then, I'm starving to the point where even the hair on my head is hungry. I eat far too fast and then feel like crap for the rest of the afternoon. Plus, it seems that within 2 minutes after finishing my 'lunch', I'm completely exhausted and long for a nap. It's just too long to go without fuel and then too late to try to combust it properly. And then I'm not hungry for dinner when I get home so I only eat a couple of bites. I've got to get back on track.

Good news - I managed to shave the Halifax trip off my itinerary which is fabulous. I'm leaving AFTER trick or treating on the 31st on a 9:30pm flight to Toronto so Simon (who is dressing up as a fireman this year) will not be without me and his peanut butter cups will remain mine.

He has done much better in preschool since his first week. He doesn't seem to nap any more while he's there but almost none of the kids do. He's zonked by dinner time though so we just have shorter nights and get him in bed with lights out before 8:00pm. He can ALMOST write his name now although he often writes it backwards with the letters backwards as well. Of course, I was shouting 'dyslexia' in my head but I've spoken to other parents with older children about it and they've all said that their kids did the same when they were starting out.

Rich's mom had surgery on her foot a week after it was initially scheduled. She was bumped six times from the OR queue. I spoke with her orthopaedic surgeon who was one of my former residents (my how they grow up fast) and he said that the surgery was successful but her bones are extremely frail. It should heal well. She is in a rehab facility for six weeks that is not far from Simon's daycare so he and Rich pop in several times a week to visit on their way home.

No more late lunches for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home